Grow your own: Cress
By Author Prestige - 0 comments
Have a grow!
It is great fun growing food in your own kitchen. Have your kids ever grown cress? It is very simple and the cress seeds will grow so quickly that you will have cress to eat within a week. You could also grow mustard at the same time so that you end up with mustard and cress for your sandwich or to go into your salad.
You will need:
1. A packet of cress or mustard seeds (or both).
2. A pot to grow your cress in, for example a clean ice cream tub, clean yogurt pot, a cardboard fruit or vegetable pot.
3. Kitchen paper or cotton wool.
1. Make sure that your pot is clean.
2. Soak the kitchen paper or cotton wool in water until it feels damp to touch.
3. Put the damp kitchen paper or cotton wool in the bottom of
4. Sprinkle some cress seeds over the cotton wool or kitchen paper and then put the pot in a warm place.