Maintaining your Pressure Cooker
By Author Prestige - 0 comments
The Prestige pressure cooker is a handy tool for any kitchen, however some of us don’t realise that it needs a little TLC every now and again. Regular maintenance will ensure that your pressure cooker both stays on top form and stands the test of time.
Maintaining your pressure cooker needn’t be a tedious chore, here’s a few simple steps to follow in ensuing your Prestige pressure cooker is part of your family for years to come.
Our Smartplus pressure cooker range comes in three versions. The polished stainless steel, hard anodized and polished aluminium. Whichever pressure cooker you choose for your home; each have their benefits to suit the individual needs and desires of your cooking requirements.
To ensure your pressure cooker is long-lasting, we’ve put together these easy steps below.
1. Polished Stainless Steel
• Avoid leaving food inside the pressure cooker overnight to avoid heavy duty cleaning the next day and discolouration.
• After each use, wash with hot soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly to prevent watermarks.
• For stubborn stains, a solution of lemon juice or vinegar can be used or alternatively the Prestige stainless steel cleaner is highly recommended.
2. Hard Anodised
• After each use, wash with hot soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly immediately
• For overspills or messy pourers, use a non-caustic soap filled pad for exterior stubborn stains
• To clean the pressure regulator, occasionally soak in hot soapy water, and dry afterwards to remove traces of soap.
3. Polished Aluminium
• The outer surface can be kept looking shiny and new by using hot soapy water and dry aft.erwards.
• Note: the interior of the pressure cooker may become discoloured after continued use of cooking up your family favourite meals. This is completely normal and doesn’t affect its functionality.
The GasketNot forgetting the very important element of the pressure cooker, the detachable gasket. This is used to secure the pressure cooker lid onto its body to prevent any air getting in or out.
After cooking, remove the gasket from the lid, wash and allow it to dry.
It’s important to remember to replace the gasket every 12 months as this safety device is essential to your pressure cooker.
Are you thinking of owning your very own Prestige pressure cooker?
Before you buy, here’s some inspiration on what to cook in your new pressure cooker; Moroccan Vegetable Casserole recipe.