The perfect meal to celebrate the everyday heroes; the mums.
What better way to show your mum how much she means to you than by cooking a delightful meal, bringing together much-loved flavours and delicious simplicity, for an evening of love and gratitude.
It has never been easier to create great meals to be enjoyed with your family and celebrate all of the hard work your mum does this Mothers Day.
We have chosen the following recipes to make it as easy as possible for you to create a delicious meal to be savoured. Created by renowned chef Nadiya Hussain, you can be sure that these meals are a fool-proof way of treating your mum, taking out the stress of complex recipes, so you can focus on ensuring your mum has a lovely day being doted on.
Peanut Chicken Traybake
This straightforward recipe will win mum’s hearts and smiles, combining mouth-watering flavours in one dish perfect for the whole family.
Taking out the guesswork, this simple recipe uses versatile kitchenware from our Nadiya Loves collection and is the perfect way to show your mum how much you appreciate her. With guaranteed ease and ultimate flavour, cooking up this meal is a tasty way to treat your mum.
Get the recipe for Peanut Chicken Traybake
Nadiya’s Hot Cookie Dough and Ice Cream
A delicious dessert doesn’t have to be complicated, and simple combinations are more than often the way to everyone's heart. Finish this day of spoiling your mum on a high note with a classic; Hot Cookie Dough and Ice cream.
The merging of soft and simple ice cream with warm gooey cookie dough results in a flavour that can only be described as truly heavenly. A delightful treat for the whole family to enjoy this Mothers Day, this fuss-free recipe by Nadiya is sure to satisfy those sweet tooths and bring everyone together in celebration of all the magnificent mums.
- 250g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 medium egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 125g white chocolate chips
- clotted cream ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C.
- Sift the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg, plus extra yolk into a smooth batter.
- Now add the dry ingredients as well as the chocolate chips and mix in evenly.
Press a large handful of cookie dough into a round, flat dish with sides, such as the Round Cake Tin.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, or 12 minutes if cooking straight from the fridge.
- Remove the dish from the oven, being careful not to burn your hands. The dough will still be quite soft.
- Add a large dollop of ice cream and enjoy.
*Any leftover cookie dough can be saved and frozen to be enjoyed another time.
However you plan to spend the day, we can all agree that mums are deserving of a hearty and delicious meal cooked for them in thanks for all that they do. Take the stress out of cooking this Mother's Day by discovering the Nadiya Loves Range now and get prepared so you can concentrate on making sure that your mum has a wonderful day.