It’s the most wonderful time of the year and the busiest …. with gifts to buy, Christmas dishes to prep, and Nativity play costumes to make, we’re all feeling the festive pressure at this time of year! So, this Christmas we’ve been thinking about how to make life a little bit easier and budget friendly for you and the family. Whether it’s decorating the home or handy hints in the kitchen, look out for our creative #Christmas Hacks here and on Facebook and Instagram, for your best Christmas yet! Take the stress out of the festive season with Christmas Hacks from Prestige! You can find the all the best tips below, from how to make a Christmas table centerpiece to how to dress a Christmas table.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and the busiest …. with gifts to buy, Christmas dishes to prep, and Nativity play costumes to make, we’re all feeling the festive pressure at this time of year!
5 ways to add festive flair to your Christmas decoration…
- Invest in a wooden Advent calendar that will be a family keepsake for years to come. It’s something for the whole family to decorate and enjoy together.
- Try recycling your old Christmas cards. Create your own and put your own festive family stamp on this thoughtful Christmas tradition.
- Why not revisit the old Christmas traditions of snowflakes and paper chains? Simply cut your paper snowflakes out from plain white paper and bring your paper chains up to date using different colours, decorations and patterns.
- For a totally customisable Christmas, buy plain transparent baubles and fill them with glitter or sequins for a totally sparkly look.
- Fashion your own Christmas wreath this year. Pick up a foam wreath from a craft shop and adorn it with greenery, ribbons, baubles or even candy canes, for the most festively fabulous front door on your street.
Fabulous festive table for under £10…
- Style up your Christmas table with pretty crockery and glassware. It doesn’t have to be crystal or silver, just accessories that mean Christmas dinner to you and the family.
- Get creative and bring the outdoors in, with sprigs of holly for place settings or spray pine cones for a festive finishing touch.
- Make your place settings sing and tie ribbons round your wine glasses or napkins. Get the kids involved by handwriting place names too.
- A table runner can be a real centre piece at Christmas time. For your own customised version pick up some colourful material or a roll of hessian and add your own decorations.
- Snow spray old jam jars or vases and fill them with holly or mistletoe to add the finishing touches to your Christmas table centrepiece.
- Experiment and create your own fragrant festive candle holders by carving out the centre of an orange. Simply bake the fruit on a low heat for 3-4 hours to dry it out and sculpt into any design you fancy. Not only will this perfume your home with a gorgeous seasonal aroma, it will create a warming glow.
- Baubles aren’t just for hanging on the tree - add a touch of sparkle to your table and scatter a selection of beautiful baubles.
- For one final embellishment, sprinkle some gold star confetti amongst your table decorations.
Festive wrapping tips for under £10…
- Get the basics right and don’t forget to stock up on big value rolls of paper, Sellotape and some good sharp scissors.
- Use old wrapping paper or newspaper to improve your wrapping skills this Christmas before you get started on those special gifts.
- Pop unusually shaped gifts in a box to make wrapping quicker and easier.
- Wrap diagonally to use less paper.
- Finish your gifts off with a personal touch by creating your own gift tags from old wrapping paper and Christmas cards.
- When searching for Christmas present materials, don’t just look in the Christmas section. Often, you can buy wonderful wrapping paper and ribbons from non-seasonal ranges in craft shops for a fraction of the price.
And finally, we’ve all had that last-minute moment where we realise we’ve not got a jumper for Christmas Jumper Day! Fear not, here’s some handy hints for you to create your own:
- All you need is a festive colour jumper!
- Simply add festive motif iron on stickers.
- Sew on a mini Christmas stocking or a big festive bow for full effect.
- Get crafty with the kids and stick lots of festive glitter and sequins to different felt shapes.
- Dig out old decorations or jungle bells and add them to your jumper for a real Christmas jingle!
If you like our Christmas Hacks why not spread some Christmas joy and share yours too – using the hashtag #ChristmasHacks. Head over to Facebook and Instagram for more inspiration for Christmas 2018!
You could also be in with a chance of winning your Christmas dinner on us for you and your family, with a £150 Sainsbury’s voucher. All you have to do is head over to our Facebook page and share your best Christmas hack!