1. Begin with adding your potatoes to a pan of salted cold water and bring to boil for around 8 minutes until tender. Draining well, give them a shake in order to fluff the up for the perfect homemade chips with a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
2. Combine your mince, mustard, shallots, breadcrumbs and egg yolk together in a large bowl then divide portions to feed the whole family. Once separated, allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Quick tip: you can prepare these in advance, up to 2 days so that hungry bellies can be fed in a flash.
3. Begin to heat your Cast Iron Square Grill Pan, adding your burgers when hot. Turning them round at regular intervals to ensure they’re cooked through, let the burgers sizzle for around 10 minutes.
4. Once cooked, set aside to rest beneath foil. Meanwhile, toast your buns slightly on the griddle pan. Reheat the pan and cook your chips until golden brown.
5. Finally assemble your burgers with all of your family's favourite condiments, serve up your fluffy chips and enjoy this hearty meal outside beneath the glorious summer sun with the family.
Easy and quick for those days when you just want to be outside making memories under the sun with your family, these homemade burgers are a fool-proof meal with maximum tastiness.
Will you be giving this simple recipe a try? Let us know in the comments below!